[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1059: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1059: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4718: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4720: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4722: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1)
Minifinity The Classic Mini Forum and Resource | • View topic - Birmingham MOC's show- Cannon Hill Park

Birmingham MOC's show- Cannon Hill Park

Chat about minis and the fun you have in them, but please ask technical questions in the relevant sections

Moderators: Club Admins, Minifinity Staff

How did you find your visit to Cannon Hill Park

Really enjoyed it, will be back next year
60%
It was ok, nothing special, just got a few parts and left! but will probably be back next year.
30%
Usual sort of show. Not sure whether I'll attend next year.
No votes
Reall disapointed. Rubbish show. Not attending next year.
10%
Couldn't find the bloody thing so I went home! Lol.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Birmingham MOC's show- Cannon Hill Park

Postby mini_mad_andy » Mon 18th Jun 2007, 08:46am

Hello all that attended the show!

I am currious about what people thought of our show! What we did wrong, and what we did right!

Due to the change in location we did run into a few problems, and we can see (from an organisers point of view) where we can improve next year.

What I am asking, is firstly vote in the poll, and secondly to air your opinions!

I hope to see you around the show in the near future.

Thanks for your time,

Andy.
mini_mad_andy

RE: Birmingham MOC

Postby JimP » Mon 18th Jun 2007, 10:13am

Hi Andy, didn't see you at the show, wanted to talk about that Mayfair your selling! oh well!!

I thought it was OK, but it's didn't seem as good as Aston Hall for some reason.

The autotest was a good idea but too far away from the main show, the number of auto jumble & trade stands seemed a bit low and there was hardly any clubs, Ok the weather in the week before the show probably didn't help on the numbers.

I thought Cannon Hill park was a good place to have the show, except for the welcome that I got from dog walkers complaining about us driving on a road while their dogs ran all over the place! very random!!

I liked the cadburys stand too cheap choc's can't beat that!! :clap:

As a show though there wasn't much to keep us there much longer than an hour, am just glad it was only down the road, if I'd had to travel a long distance I think I would have been disappointed.

I did hear a few people saying that it doesn't bowd well for IMM in 2009, I think next years show will have to improve or that may suffer.

Where do you guys think you can improve?? might be worth letting us know on here as a kind of test audience??

HTH

Jim
JimP

Postby mini_mad_andy » Mon 18th Jun 2007, 10:29am

Well, due to not having a full discussion with club as a whole, I can't say everything that we will be trying to improve, also I can only give my opinion at the moment as I was not around the show much.

But the comments that have been made are along the lines as you said Jim.

I think we need to separate the show from the park, but as you can imagine this would be a mamouth task, ad probably would'nt go down to well with the regualar park visitors.

We did expect to see more trade, and club stands at this show, but the weather, although it turned out to be beautiful, the change of location, and another show on the same day did not help matters!

I agree the Cadburys was great! But I did not get to see much of the show as I had to walk the streets putting signs up, and lots of other bits and pieces!

The autotest was a good idea in theory, but due to its location alot of people didn't want to treck that far! Although those that did have ago got very competitive, and allways got out of the car with a big grin on their faces!

We are due to have a meeting tomorrow, so if you would like to add anything to the meeting please post you opinions, and I shall speak on your behalf at the meeting.

Thanks again, all comments are much appreciated.

Andy.
mini_mad_andy

Postby Shakespeare » Mon 18th Jun 2007, 02:00pm

Well I thought it was great.

I havent been to the big big shows yet, but have done Castle Combe, Bristol MD, Malvern and a couple others.

The weather was fantastic (as my neck will confirm). The trade stands seemed a bit quiet, but I thought there was a really good variety in cars and having the Minis so close to the show was good too.

I liked the fact you had an entertainer for the families, and the autotest, sound-off etc.. for the grownups. I dont think the auto test was too far out the way. maybe a little, but you had to go past it to enter/exit so no biggie.

Things like the balloon race were nice touches, and i think the location was beautiful - ive never been to Aston hall, but with a massive park, wildlife, fountains and a river/lake its was ideal i thought.

I dont know the technicalities about any difficulties you may have had, but i thoroughly enjoyed it, although like everything there's always room for improvement.
Shakespeare

Postby Pauly » Mon 18th Jun 2007, 08:59pm

I thought it was a great show, the weather was fantastic aswell glad it held off.

Paul.
Pauly

Drives: 1990 City, 1989 Thirty, 1995 Sidewalk

Postby mini_mad_andy » Tue 19th Jun 2007, 01:23pm

Thanks for your comments.

But please do keep them coming!

Maybe you'll be able to beat your 1.14 next year on the autotest shakespeare!

Did many attend the other show that was on on the same day?

So if you want to make any comments or requests for other things for next year please just post them up, and i'll show the club tonight.

Cheers, Andy.
mini_mad_andy

Return to General Mini Chat