Sportspack Arches?

restoration, welding, interior and exterior styling, paintwork, detailing, cleaning etc

Moderators: Club Admins, Minifinity Staff

Sportspack Arches?

Postby topjosh1980 » Tue 30th Jan 2007, 10:48pm

Hi there people i hope someone can help me please?

I can't get hold of a genuine sportspack arch to replace one that i have damaged, i would consider buying a full set but they are expensive & i only need one really & they seem to be out of stock everywhere except Huddersfield minispares but they won't sell them individually. I'm considering buying a set of replica sportspack arches instead, there seem to be alot of them about, are they much more inferior than the genuine ones? Does anyone know of any decent ones available anywhere? obviously i'd prefer genuine ones is it worth waiting for a genuine one or not?

Cheers Nath
topjosh1980

RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby modified_studio2 » Tue 30th Jan 2007, 11:53pm

i use huddersfield low car sportspack arches - think they are better than genuine ones to be honest :)
modified_studio2

huddersfield arches

Postby topjosh1980 » Wed 31st Jan 2007, 11:16am

cheers mate i'll look into it, they are the much cheaper as well, i'm still open to any other suggestions cheers
topjosh1980

rubber arches

Postby topjosh1980 » Wed 31st Jan 2007, 11:37am

i've seen on ebay lots of rubber sportspack arches does anyone know if these are better or worse than the fibreglass ones please?
topjosh1980

Postby minijarvis » Wed 31st Jan 2007, 01:17pm

bit of advice dont buy the copies from minispares there like tire inner tubes and i aint jokin, impossible to fit, buy from huddersfield very good arches and a nice fit.

minijarvis
minijarvis

Drives: nothing (sad face)

Re: RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby LayerFour » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 03:15pm

modified_studio2 wrote:i use huddersfield low car sportspack arches - think they are better than genuine ones to be honest :)

low car sportspack arches? might be exactly what i need! sorry if i'm being stupid but i cant see them on the huddersfield spares website. where did you get them from?
thanks
LayerFour

RE: Re: RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby topjosh1980 » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 04:04pm

i also wondered that, they have the genuine ones & thier own fibre glass ones but that is it, it must be those
topjosh1980

RE: Re: RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby LayerFour » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 04:13pm

the only ones i can see are the genuine sportspack arches for £170 :?
LayerFour

Re: RE: Re: RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby topjosh1980 » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 04:43pm

LayerFour wrote:the only ones i can see are the genuine sportspack arches for £170 :?

I've just checked, you're right they had the other ones the other day but they aren't on the site now :shock: , i think they were £60
topjosh1980

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Sportspack Arches?

Postby modified_studio2 » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 05:42pm

i got mine from hudersfield for about 60 quid they were advertised as sports pack low car option, me thinks, basicly just a fibreglass sportspack arch
modified_studio2

Postby MAVERICK1 » Thu 1st Feb 2007, 08:47pm

ive got the minisport replica ones, they fit great, they are the rubber 1's and are quite flexible but ive never had any problems and the guy that fitted said they were good quality. think they're about £80

ooh 1 sec

http://www.minisport.com/classic-mini-s ... oduct.html

there you go!
MAVERICK1

Postby topjosh1980 » Sun 4th Feb 2007, 01:45am

can anyone tell me which way to go? Rubber sportspack Arches or fibreglass ones i've now been recommended both now but & i'm not too sure? Cheers
topjosh1980

Postby philc » Sun 4th Feb 2007, 09:45am

rubber, more flexible when fitting, won't crack
philc

Drives: xx

Postby d4v1dtyler » Sun 4th Feb 2007, 10:46am

i would say fibreglass because i had the rubber ones on my old mini and it was hard to get a decent curve because they were so flexible when fitting.
d4v1dtyler

Postby mini-geek » Sun 4th Feb 2007, 12:17pm

i need to replace one arch on my sportspack and minispares havnt got any in stock

i have thought about buying the pastic replica ones do they line up and fit in the same holes as the gennuine rover ones :?:

ps. sorry to hijack
mini-geek
Contributor
Contributor

Tag Line: www.FIRST-body-repairs.co.uk
Drives: Mini

Postby Flip-Rio » Sun 4th Feb 2007, 12:48pm

mini-geek wrote:i need to replace one arch on my sportspack and minispares havnt got any in stock

i have thought about buying the pastic replica ones do they line up and fit in the same holes as the gennuine rover ones :?:

ps. sorry to hijack

I emailed minispares and asked if their replica ones lined up with their genuine sportspack drilling templates, they replied and said that they didn't. I also had a look at a set from minispares at Bingley, they wern't very good, one of the rears had a big lump in the curve of the arch!

I am currently looking at ones from Minispeed, I live fairly localy to them and can go and have a look before buying! It might be worth asking minisport if theirs line up with the genuine arch holes.
Flip-Rio

Postby Flip-Rio » Mon 5th Feb 2007, 06:46pm

I had this reply back from minisport today:

"Thank you for your e mail, it was very nice to hear from you, and we have pleasure in advising that the above wheels do have identical mounting positions for the studs, therefore, they would fit a proper sportspack Mini without having to redrill the holes."

So you can fit them using the minispares drilling templates, unlike some other copy arches.
Flip-Rio

Postby mini-geek » Mon 5th Feb 2007, 08:41pm

thanks

yer i will proberly have to buy the non genuine type the gennuine are imposible to get hold of at the moment
mini-geek
Contributor
Contributor

Tag Line: www.FIRST-body-repairs.co.uk
Drives: Mini

same dilema

Postby topjosh1980 » Tue 6th Feb 2007, 12:34am

mini-geek wrote:thanks

yer i will proberly have to buy the non genuine type the gennuine are imposible to get hold of at the moment

your in the same dilema as me, i only need one, its a pain, everyone keeps giving different advice as well, i still don't know wheather to get rubber or fibreglass? which do you need? i need front passenger side we should buy a set from huddersield i think they still have some genuine ones, split the cost :D half joking i am getting quite frustrated
topjosh1980

Re: same dilema

Postby Flip-Rio » Tue 6th Feb 2007, 01:03am

topjosh1980 wrote:
mini-geek wrote:thanks

your in the same dilema as me, i only need one, its a pain, everyone keeps giving different advice as well, i still don't know wheather to get rubber or fibreglass? which do you need? i need front passenger side we should buy a set from huddersield i think they still have some genuine ones, split the cost :D half joking i am getting quite frustrated

If you are only replacing one, get the rubber ones to match your others, the fibreglass ones do have a slight outer lip that the rubber ones don’t when I looked on the Huddersfield stand at Bingley. And they are not mounted to the body on studs.

If you can’t get hold of a single genuine one, the Minisport ones should be a direct replacement, and for £80 its only £20 more than a single genuine arch.

From past experience with rubber sportspack arches and fibreglass arches on a lowered mini, the rubber ones are excellent as you can give them an occasional knock and there fine, my fibreglass Group 5 Euros ended up cracking.

Only a thought to consider
Flip-Rio

Return to Bodywork