Minifinity The Classic Mini Forum and Resource | • View topic - Helloooo!

Helloooo!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your Mini. Minifinity always has someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderators: Club Admins, Minifinity Staff

Helloooo!

Postby Ross03 » Sun 24th Jan 2021, 05:44pm

Hi there, I have recently got a 2000 Classic Mini Cooper Sport and have done a lot of restoration on it. Lots of cutting out of rust and welding, it’s had an engine rebuild and lots of bits and bobs to make it a reliable daily drive. I will be priming up the Mini next weekend, then will be getting it into the work shop we’re I work (spray shop that resprays Mclarens) for topcoat! Hopefully be on the road within a month!

I used to have a 1988 Mini Mary Quant for my first car and I loved it. I got the urge to get a classic mini again 10 years later. I part ex’ed my 2012 MINI Cooper s for the 2000 Cooper sport.
Ross03

Drives: 2000 classic Mini Cooper sport

Re: Helloooo!

Postby Zippyrude » Sun 24th Jan 2021, 06:01pm

good move on the part ex, the cooper sports are rare so keep it nice!
Zippyrude
Contributor
Contributor

Tag Line: Help support Minifinity
paypal@minifinity.com
Drives: projects galore

Postby Ross03 » Sun 24th Jan 2021, 08:13pm

It has been a lot more work then first thought as I didn’t realise bottom of the bulk head on each side was rusty hole!/driver,passenger floor pans had couple of holes/door seam/split in inner wing/boot had hole in it. New don’t end (wings,bonnet,panels, scuttle,front grille. Rapture stone chip all the engine bay, front inner wheel arches, boot. Just need to get it on the ramp at work to stone chip underneith. Prime, topcoat and refit. Engine has been rebuilt and steam cleaned and painted, new adjustable suspension, hard brake lines, new alternator, oil plate baffle, putting new headliner in and full exhaust the list kinda goes on.
Ross03

Postby Zippyrude » Tue 26th Jan 2021, 01:16am

do your best to rust proof, as they start rusting as soon as they are rebuilt!
Zippyrude
Contributor
Contributor

Tag Line: Help support Minifinity
paypal@minifinity.com
Drives: projects galore

Postby Ross03 » Tue 26th Jan 2021, 08:49pm

The bad rust has been cut out and there is a little surface rust in the gutter I’ll treat. But it’s getting properly Stone chip paint sprayed on to stop any further rust fingers crossed it will do the job for the next 5 years atleast
Ross03

Postby Ross03 » Tue 26th Jan 2021, 08:50pm

Would put a few photos but not sure how
Ross03

Return to The Doorbell